Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful recipe for late summer when you have an abundance of ripe garden fresh veggies. It's a great main dish or side dish that even the picky kids around here love!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 banana peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 sweet onions, sliced and chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces processed cheese food, cubed (eg. Velveeta)
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, green and red bell pepper, and onions; cook, stirring occasionally until just slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and flour.
- Arrange vegetables in the bottom of a large glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Distribute cheese cubes evenly over the vegetables.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- Spread bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour, or until nicely browned.