1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful recipe for late summer when you have an abundance of ripe garden fresh veggies. It's a great main dish or side dish that even the picky kids around here love!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, sliced
- 3 small yellow squash, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 3 banana peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 sweet onions, sliced and chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces processed cheese food, cubed (eg. Velveeta)
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 3Add zucchini, yellow squash, green and red bell pepper, and onions; cook, stirring occasionally until just slightly softened.
- 4Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and flour.
- 5Arrange vegetables in the bottom of a large glass baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle with seasonings.
- 7Distribute cheese cubes evenly over the vegetables.
- 8Pour in the egg mixture.
- 9Spread bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- 10Bake in the preheated oven for about an hour, or until nicely browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Vegetable Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.4
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.1 g
- Cholesterol 270.0 mg
- Sodium 1658.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: