Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Live at Five 6/16/2004 Lee Murphy, Knox County Health Dept.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 8 ounces jarsfresh salsa
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cartons guacamole (or equivalent amount homemade)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded Mexican blend cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese
- low-fat sour cream or nonfat sour cream
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; set bean mixture aside.
- Place 1 tortilla in a lightly greased 8-in.
- round casserole dish; spread with ½ of bean mixture, and top with another tortilla.
- Spread with ½ of salsa and ½ of chopped tomato, and top with another tortilla.
- Spread with ½ of guacamole and 2 green onions, and top with another tortilla.
- Sprinkle with ½ of shredded cheese, and top with another tortilla.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with cheese; cover.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Cut pie into wedges; garnish, if desired.