Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Eating Well magazine.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 medium summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini, summer squash, oregano, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook, stirring once, until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and vinegar; increase heat to medium and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in Parmesan.
Very good recipe! I have had this recipe on my to-do list since it was published in the magazine and I am happy I finally made it! I had it over rice for a fun vegetarian lunch. I did find it a little bland, so I added Greek Seasoning and some lemon pepper which really pepped up the flavors. Thanks for posting.
This is just delicious! I served it with a grilled pork chop with s&p and rosemary and it was a perfect meal. It looked very elegant on the plate and my DH called it restaurant quality. And easy to make - one of my new favorites.