Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
My mother used to whip this up for a quick summer side dish. Great with all the bounty from my dad's garden. Very easy and delicious.
- 1-2 yellow squash, sliced thick
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter
- 14.79 ml parmesan cheese
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- Saute squash and onion in butter until LIGHTLY browned.
- Add tomato, parmesan cheese, and garlic salt.
- Cover and cook until tender about 5 mins.
- (Longer depending on how tender vegetables are desired) Can always add more of anything- squash, tomato, cheese or butter depending on taste.
So easy, tasty, and fresh! I was getting tired of deep fried, pan fried, or just crunching raw the zucchini's (is that weird?). The tomato and onions add lots of flavor. I think next time, I'll try it with canned chopped tomatoes with Italian seasoning.
Very tasty. I did add some chopped celery to the saute and used a light spray of canola oil instead of butter. Also added fresh basil and pepper. Just in time for summer.
I loved this dish. The only comment I wanted to add to all the other favorable reviews is that this is one of those recipes where the result exceeds the sum of the parts. For a very simple recipe, the result is so good.