Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I first tasted this recipe at a 4-H leaders dinner. Our county youth education assistant was glad to share her recipe. My family likes it and I like being able to have another way to use the Zucchini our garden produces so well.
- 4 cups diced yellow squash or 4 cups zucchini (or combination)
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup buttered bread crumb
- Combine water and squash in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Add rice, soup, spices, and cheese.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
this recipie is great i first tried it over 25 years ago and it is still one of my favorites