Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Group Recipes.com .
- 2 cups cooked yellow squash or 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 1 small onions, sliced or 1 small chopped onion
- 1 beaten egg
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter a 2 quart casserole.
- Cook squash for 15 minutes and then drain well. Put aside.
- Saute onions in 1 tablespoons of margarine. Add remaining margarine to melt after onions are cooked.
- Add croutons to squash and toss lightly.
- Add cooked onions to squash mixture and mix lightly.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and add this to mushroom soup.
- Add egg and soup into the squash mixture and mix thoroughly. As you are blending this, add salt and pepper seasoning.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered 2 quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.