- 1 1⁄2 lbs summer squash
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 -15 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese or 3⁄4 cup longhorn cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and de-seed squash.
- Cut into large cubes and boil until tender.
- Mash thoroughly and add butter, egg, onion, salt, pepper and crackers.
- Place in buttered casserole dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbles appear on edge, about 25 minutes.