Recipe by Lou
An old recipe from days of long ago, and still delicious today. I got this from a relative of my husbands many years ago, and we've enjoyed it many times. One great thing about it is you start it the night before, and therefore, half the work is already done on the day you need it.It makes a large amount so it is great for a large crowd such as a potluck, or picnic, or etc. The serving size is a guess because like I said, it makes a lot!
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 (16 ounce) box macaroni, squiggly kind
- 1 head lettuce, shredded fine
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 5 stalks celery, cut fine
- 3 cucumbers, cut fine
- 3 bunches green onions, cut fine
- radish, one small bag, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the oil, vinegar, dry mustard, and celery seed to a rapid boil., stirring constantly.Set aside to cool.
- Cook the box of macaroni, and drain.
- Add the dressing, and refrigerate overnite.
- When ready to serve, add the lettuce, carrots, celery cucumbers, green onions, and radishes, and mix well.
- salt to taste.