Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a wonderful snack with chips and a refreshing topping for bean or fish dishes. For color, use both yellow and red cherry tomatoes or bell peppers. If you like, make the salsa with just a single type of melon.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 fresh chili pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cantaloupe, diced
- 1 cup honeydew, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, ginger, chiles, basil, and salt.
- Toss in the cantaloupe, honeydew, tomatoes, and peppers.
- Let sit for 20 minutes, so the flavors will blend. Serve at room temperature and store chilled.