Chef #615581's Note:
This is a very quick, elegant supper dish. Serve with a salad and crostini, a nice light white wine (despite being beef based, white goes well with this) and enjoy! I invented this out of my fridge contents and pantry. Serves 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 8 ounces pasta
- 20 grape tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning (I use Penzey's Tuscan Sunset)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Start water boiling for pasta.
- 2Peel onion and slice longitudinally.
- 3Cut grape tomatoes in half.
- 4Slice zucchini in 1/4 inch rounds.
- 5Add onions, zucchini, mushrooms, olive oil, herbs, tomatoes, garlic to large, deep saute pan and saute over medium heat until onions are translucent.
- 6Add meatballs. Cook 7 minutes or until hot.
- 7Boil pasta until slightly more than al dente.
- 8Add cooked pasta to saute pan and combine.
- 9Crumble goat cheese over mixture.
- 10Add tomato sauce.
- 11Sprinkle red pepper flakes over finished dish and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Meatball Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.2
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: