Recipe by The Thorn of Hudson, FL
This is a quick, easy light salad or warm side dish for those hot summer nights. It's also portable for pot lucks - leave in the zip lock bag to go, until ready to be served.
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle sun-dried tomato dressing
- 16 ounces small shell pasta
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 ounce) container grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh well chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 6 chicken breast, 1/4 cup basil and pepper in water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until done. Place on a plate and let cool - while pasta cooks.
- Prepare pasta according to box instructions, once well drained, coat lightly with olive oil.
- Shred chicken with two forks and place in large zip lock bag. Add pasta, grape tomatos, and remaining basil to chicken. Pour bottle of Sun dried dressing into bag. Seal bag and mix ingredients well by kneading bag in hands. Once well blended, refrigerate until time to serve.
- Serve chilled as a salad, or warm as a side dish.