Recipe by Barb G.
Yummy summer fruits make up this delicoius desert, So good and so good for you. The syrup can be made ahead and chilled in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The recipe comes from Ladies Home Journel.
Top Review by ellie_
Delicious, easy and healthy! A perfect dessert for summer! I think this recipe is very adaptable depending what fruit is on hand - I used some lemon grass for the lemon verbena leaves and for the fruit I used two apricots, bananas, peaches, kiwi and blackberries equaling to the total amount called for in the recipe. We will be having this often this summer changing the fruit depending what I have on hand. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon verbena leaves or 1⁄2 cup lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups sliced fresh apricots
- 2 cups sliced fresh nectarines
- 1 cup fresh boysenberries or 1 cup fresh blackberries or 1 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan combine the water, sugar, lemon verbena or lemon peel, and half of the mint leaves; cook and stir over mediun heat until bubbly; reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes: Strain, discarding the lemon verbena and mint, cool.
- In a large bowl combine the fruit and remaining mint leaves; Drizzle the cooled syrup over the fruit mixture, Serve at once,or cover and chill in refrigerator for up to 3 hours, Enjoy.