Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 bramley apples or 3 granny smith apples, quartered,cored and finely chopped
- 2 pints blackberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- Put the fruit into a bowl with the balsamic vinegar, basil, and 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Add a little more sugar if your blackberries are a bit sour.
- Mix and put aside to marinate.
- Using your fingers, rub together the flour, butter and the rest of the sugar (you can also do this in a food processor, just blitz until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs).
- Although if you prefer a more rustic look you may wish to do it by hand.
- Put the fruit into an ovenproof serving dish or into individual serving dishes.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the fruit, making sure to pile more into the middle of the dish.
- Bake it in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the middle of the crumble is evenly golden and the fruit has started to bubble up around the edges.