Recipe by Brianna.
This is an alteration of a recipe I found in the Better Homes and Gardens Summer Recipes Cookbook. The original recipe was just for the chicken but I added some ingredients that I thought made it all the better. When I made this for my family, they all loved it and said it tasted like something they would order in a restaurant! Note: this is a lot easier to make than it looks by the recipe so dont be afraid to try it :) ***Its a pretty light and savory dish rather than hearty and strong so even though its amazing year round i make it mainly in the summer***
- 3 -4 large chicken breasts, halved lengthwise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- olive oil (for cooking in)
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 -3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- sea salt (or regular)
- fresh ground pepper (or regular black pepper)
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl combine pepper, salt, and chili powder and sprinkle mixture on bothe sides of chicken halves.
- Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil into a 12 inches frying pan (can use larger if desired) and cook chicken in oil until lightly browned flipping once (I do mine in two rounds to not overcrowd the pan).
- While chicken is cooking, in a medium mixing bowl mix apple juice, chicken broth, italian dressing, garlic powder, and basil leaves.
- When chicken is browned, pour apple juice mixture into pan with chicken. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- While chicken is cooking, boil pasta according to package directions.
- When chicken is fully cooked, remove from sauce and sprinkle with sea salt and ground pepper, letting sauce continue to simmer.
- Pour sauce over angel hair, coating thoroughly. Serve with chicken and enjoy!