1/1 Photo of Summer Bouillabaisse With Smoky Rouille
From FC. Original recipe posted. I add onion and use shrimp and scallops for my fish. I garnish with cilantro because we love it. Don't skip the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, more for the sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic, chopped, for soup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced for the sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 2 lbs tomatoes, diced (about 4-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika (Spanish pimenton)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- kosher salt
- 14 ounces chicken broth, low-salt (1-3/4 cups)
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 lb white fish (halibut, cod, or other firm white fish, cut into 1-inch chunks, I use 1/2 lb. shrimp and 1/2 lb. sca)
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 medium ears)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped for garnish (try cilantro too)
- 1In a 5- to 6-qt. soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion if using the 1-1/2 Tbs. chopped garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 2Add the tomatoes and wine, increase the heat to medium high (if necessary), and simmer vigorously until the tomatoes are broken down and the mixture is slightly soupy, about 15 minute.
- 3While the tomatoes are cooking, whisk the 1/2 teaspoons grated garlic, paprika, and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Whisk in a little olive oil and enough cool water to make a creamy, pourable sauce. Taste and add salt if you like.
- 4Add the broth and saffron to the tomato mixture and simmer to slightly reduce the broth and concentrate the flavors, 5 minute
- 5Add the fish and simmer until itï¿½s opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minute more.
- 6Stir in the corn. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 7Serve in large bowls with a big drizzle of the sauce on top and a generous sprinkle of parsley (try cilantro too).
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Bouillabaisse With Smoky Rouille
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 326.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 465.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: