Recipe by Barb in WNY
A clipping from unknown magazine but makes me think of the fresh ingredient at the farmers market.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pimientos, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash bean, trim the ends.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook beans, covered in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender; drain and keep warm.
- Cook bacon until crisp; crumble.
- Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of dripping in skillet.
- Combine eggs, water, vinegar, sugar, and salt, stirring well.
- Stir into bacon dripping; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Place beans in a serving dish; pour dressing over top.
- Sprinkle with bacon and pimento.