Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a very OLD Singaporean/Eurasian (caucasian mixed with asian blood) cookie recipe. I have tweeked it a little to suit my family's taste. Hope you guys enjoy it.
- GREASE baking trays lightly with butter and preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Cream butter, sugar and essence until light.
- Sift in flour.
- Add in semolina and ground almonds to combine well into a dough.
- Pinch off pieces and roll into small balls and place on prepared trays.
- Press with a fork.
- Brush lightly with egg white and press two almond strips in the centre of each pressed out dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 13 to 14 minutes or until cookies turn golden.
- Leave on the tray for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove onto a wire rock to cool.