Recipe by JonquilJan
However here is one that I used to bag up and sell at craft shows.. Sugared Walnuts (or Pecans or Almonds)**
Top Review by Karen Stewart
Delicious! And I was able to stretch the recipe to 4 cups of walnut halves with no problem. It takes about an hour from start to finish, but the coating needs to set a couple of hours in order for them not to stick together.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups walnut halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, milk, grated orange peel, salt and cinnamon in large saucepan.
- Stir to combine. Cook over low heat until candy thermometer registers 236 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add nuts and vanilla.
- Stir mixture until it begins to look grainy.
- Turn out onto wax paper and separate nuts to cool entirely.
- Will keep in covered containers in refrigerator but do not freeze.
- **Does not work well on Brazil nuts. Coating does not stick.
- *I have used up to 4 cups of nuts per batch with good results.