Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
However here is one that I used to bag up and sell at craft shows.. Sugared Walnuts (or Pecans or Almonds)**
- Combine brown sugar, milk, grated orange peel, salt and cinnamon in large saucepan.
- Stir to combine. Cook over low heat until candy thermometer registers 236 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add nuts and vanilla.
- Stir mixture until it begins to look grainy.
- Turn out onto wax paper and separate nuts to cool entirely.
- Will keep in covered containers in refrigerator but do not freeze.
- **Does not work well on Brazil nuts. Coating does not stick.
- *I have used up to 4 cups of nuts per batch with good results.