Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great snack and gift for Christmas. You could substitute any kind of nut for the pumpkin seeds, but I think the pumpkin seeds are a little more unusual and intersting.
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1⁄4 cups hulled pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the sugar and spices in a small bowl.
- Whisk the egg white until frothy.
- Stir in the pumpkin seeds and then the spice mixture.
- Mix until all the seeds are coated.
- Spread onto a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 15 minutes, then stir.
- Contine to bake the seeds until they are dry, about 10- 15 more minutes.
- These will store well for about a week at room temperature.
I have been searching for some time for a way to cook pumpkin seeds for the kids for lunch boxes etc. I made them exactly as stated but with soft dark brown suger. They are out of this world!! They taste almost chocolatey. Thanks alot P4. Excellent recipe. Can't wait to try it with nuts too!