Recipe by Ima Cookin'
I was trying to "calorie and sugar" down an old favorite and this is the result! Let me just add that hubby and I put a big dent in this dish tonight! Enjoy! Notes: You can substitute fresh/frozen/canned peaches, cherries, blueberries, pineapples, apples, etc. The list and combinations are endless. You can also substitute margarine as my mother always did too.
Top Review by mama2taterlou
What a treat! I am always looking for low cal, low carb, low sugar recipes, and this one was so fantastic I made some for a party but we ate it all so I had to make another! Thanks!
- 9 peaches, diced, not peeled
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup sugar substitute (Splenda)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, cut into 1 tablespoon sections (1 or 2 sticks.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- - Put fruit in bottom of 9x13-inch pan.
- -Mix together flour, Splenda, and butter until it resembles a course meal (cut in with pastry knife or fork).
- -Sprinkle on top of fruit. Because whole wheat pastry flour can be grainier than all purpose, I melted 1/2 stick of butter and poured over topping for added moisture.
- -Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or as your oven allows.