Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook31 hrs 30 mins
From one of national supermarkets as their Christmas special, so have included it in the Christmas catergory. This is a recipe you have to plan for as there is a 48 hour curing period (I have included this as part of the cooking time as there is no other cooking).
- Combine dill, salt and sugar and rub dill mixture all over slamon and then place 1 piece of salmon, skin side down on a large piece of plastic wrap and then top with remaining salmon skin side up and wrap tightly in plastic wrap to enclose.
- Place iun a shallow dish and top with a chopping board or large plate and press down with weights, such as cans and refrigerate for 1 day and then turn salmon over, replace the board and weights and refrigerate for another 1 day.
- Meanwhile to make Mela toast, preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan force.
- Thinly slice baquette and arrange on a baking tray, brush with oil and sprinkle over extra sea salt and bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden and then allow to cool and store in a airtight container until ready to serve.
- Drain salmon and rub off any excess salt and sugar and using a sharp knife, thinly slice salmon.
- Spread sour cram over Melba toasts, top with salmon and extra dill sprigs and serve with cornichons.