Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adapted from Heather Likes Food
- 10 ounces butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups over-ripe bananas, mashed room temperature
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugar with melted butter and stir in mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour flour over banana mixture and sprinkle with baking soda and salt.
- Mix just until no dry spots remain- do not over mix.
- Prepare pans by spraying liberally with cooking spray and coating the sides with sugar by swirling and tapping.
- Fill pans 2/3 of the way full and sprinkle more sugar on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on pan size. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool and invert to remove loaves.