Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Start with refrigerated crescent rolls for a delightful, yet easy pastrie treat. From a cookbook put out by America's Dairy Farmers. What I am posting here is half the original, so feel free to double if need be.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup almonds (sliced or slivered)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll dough into large rectangle on ungreased baking sheet. Seal perforations.
- Melt butter in saucepan, cooking and stirring until light golden brown.
- Add almonds and sugar; stirring to coat.
- Spoon and spread this mixture evenly over the dough.
- Bake for 12 to 16 minutes until crust is deep golden brown.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes. Cut into triangles and serve.
These are a easy-to-make, nice-tasting pastry! I was tempted to throw in some golden raisins, but didn't this first time around! Another time, however....! I used silvered almonds & next time would like to have them toasted! Thanks for the recipe!