photo by bkellum
- Ready In:
- 2 packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg, separated
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 teaspoons almond extract (don't use imitation)
- 1 (2 ounce) package sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Unroll 1 package of crescent rolls across the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- (4 rectangles fit across the short way.) Press or stretch lightly to fit, and pinch perforations together to seal.
- Mix cream cheese, egg yolk, almond extract and sugar.
- Spread over 1st layer.
- Unroll 2nd package of crescent rolls and stretch to fit over the top.
- Slightly beat egg white and brush on top layer of crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar, then sliced almonds.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, till golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 8 more reviews
I've made this about 5 times now and it always impresses everyone until I break down and confess I didn't actually make the pastry. Recently, I used lemon extract instead of almond by accident and it was still tasty; although perhaps a bit too much on the lemony side... The filling has lots of potential for experiementation- easy to make and would work in other recipes (i.e. layer cake filling...)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Thanks for visiting my page! I'm a stay-at-home wife and mother - married for 20 years with a 16-year old daughter. It seems funny to be married so long since it just feels like yesterday when my handsome groom and I walked down the aisle. I love to cook and especially bake. I bake a lot less than I used to just because it's too tempting for me to have all those goodies sitting around. But give me a good snow day, and the oven goes into high gear! I like to sew & quilt, draw & paint, read, and play word games. My husband and I are total nerds -- we Tivo Jeopardy every day. :-) We all love old movies, especially anything with Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, Jimmy Stewart, Myrna Loy, William Powell, etc. OH - and Andy Hardy movies - they're the best!