Recipe by Crazycook in PA
These bars remind me of eating a piece of sugar cream pie. These are so rich and wonderful tasting!
Top Review by jessezigg
My mother-in-law makes something similar. I came to Zaar looking for this, and I was not disappointed! It is simple and satisfying. They're dangerous to have in the house. I couldn't stay out of them! (I won't sprinkle with powdered sugar next time . . . a little TOO sweet.)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix, 2 eggs and butter and pat into greased and floured 9x13 pan.
- Beat other 2 eggs with a fork and add cream cheese.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Pour this over the cake mix layer.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg or powdered sugar.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Done when toothpick comes out clean.