Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple yet very flavorful salad that has a typical ingredient of peanut butter in South African dishes. An adventurous change from the usual. Add another chili if you want it a bit spicier. Thai chili's work well. Posted for ZWT4
- 5 tomatoes, diced, seeds removed
- 4 green onions, finely diced
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeds and stem removed
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, chili pepper and parsley in large bowl.
- Whisk oil into peanut butter until smooth.
- Stir in lime juice to peanut butter and season with salt. Additional oil or water may be added if dressing is too thick.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir dressing into tomato mixture until lightly coated.
Can someone answer if you are suppose to use peanut butter with or without sugar and is this salad typically served with a type of bread? Thank you!
it's one of my favorites salads, I don't like it thick so I add water and a lot of lemon ,, try to add chopped hot papers if you like!
Oh Thank you Sassafrasnanc, you remined me when I was a kid I used to eat it all the time. By the way, i'm Sudanese Canadian.