Recipe by Jenteal
I absolutely love the Golden Broccoli Cheese soup at Subway. This is the closest recipe I've found to the real deal. Enjoy!
Top Review by Calhoun75
I love this recipe. While it doesn't taste exactly like the Subway version, it was great nonetheless. I actually blended everything together at the end for a very creamy soup and it was outstanding!! I will definitely be adding this to my rotation. Thank you for posting this!
- 9.85 ml onions
- 9.85 ml melted butter
- 44.37 ml flour
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml milk
- 236.59 ml grated cheddar cheese (I use white cheddar)
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 354.88 ml boiling water
- 283.49 g package frozen broccoli
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion in butter until it's tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper; add milk.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened to make the roux.
- Slowly add cheese.
- In another pan, dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water.
- Add broccoli. Cook until tender.
- Add to cheese mixture and stir well.
- Note: You may want to chop up broccoli into finer pieces depending on your preference.