Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from a handout at a local Asian market.
Make and share this Suan La Bai Cai (Hot and Sour Cabbage) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium napa cabbage
- 3 tablespoons chinese black vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 dried red chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Separate the cabbage leaves and cut them lengthwise. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and salt, then set aside.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok or heavy skillet over high heat until it is very hot. Add the chilies, ginger, and szechuan peppercorns and stir-fry for 10 seconds. Add the bell pepper and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage and stir-fry for two minutes, or until all the leaves are wilted. Pour the vinegar mixture into the wok and let simmer for 1 minute, then serve.