This recipe highlights the sturgeon's meaty texture with the bold flavors of wild mushrooms, shallots, fresh thyme and a simple balsamic vinegar reduction.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
The Grilled Sturgeon
- 4 sturgeon fillets (6 to 7 ounces)
- 14.79 ml minced fresh garlic
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 0.25 ml kosher salt or 0.25 ml sea salt
The Mushroom and Thyme Reduction
- 118.29 ml button mushroom (sliced)
- 118.29 ml shiitake mushroom (sliced)
- 118.29 ml oyster mushroom (sliced)
- 59.14 ml shallot (sliced)
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme
- 59.14 ml chicken or 59.14 ml vegetable stock (canned)
- 29.58 ml dry white wine
- 0.25 ml salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1Heat the grill, (or use a grill pan) on high while you prepare the sturgeon.
- 2Remove the skin from the sturgeon and place in a large stainless steel bowl.
- 3Add the olive oil, garlic, course black pepper and salt.
- 4Mix the seasonings into the fish to coat.
- 5Prepare the mushroom sauce by heating a large sauté pan on high.
- 6Add the olive oil and add the sliced mushrooms and shallots just as the oil begins to smoke.
- 7Sauté the mushrooms and shallots for about 1 minute and add the whole butter followed by the fresh thyme and salt and pepper.
- 8Place the sturgeon on the grill and reduce the heat to a medium setting.
- 9Close the grill and leave the fish as is for 2 minutes.
- 10While the fish is cooking add both the stock and white wine to the mushroom mixture and continue to cook to reduce the liquid.
- 11Reduce by almost half.
- 12Flip the fish after two minutes of cooking and cook another minute or until the fish reaches an internal cooking temperature of 145 degrees.
- 13Remove the grilled fish and plate, top with the mushroom and shallot mixture and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Broil/Grill Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Broil/Grill Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sturgeon with Mushroom and Thyme Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 64.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt & fresh ground pepper