Recipe by veggie_mama
This is a super simple recipe that my entire extended family has adopted. It does takes 3 hours from start to finish, but the results are really worth it.
Top Review by Jamie B.
This turned out fantastic! I just shared this recipe on Facebook. I was inspired by a sweet potato I had at a restaurant and you didn't even need butter, it was sooo soft and delicious. Waitress said the trick is *low and slow* and I searched for a recipe, found this recipe, made it, and MAN IT WAS PERFECT! I didn't need butter, skin peeled right off.. THANK YOU! :D
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat to 350 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes to remove any dirt. Place sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet or an oven-proof stone. Bake for one hour.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven, flip them to the other side, and bake another hour.
- Once the second hour has passed, turn OFF the oven and keep the potatoes in the oven for another hour.
- This long baking time produces a very sweet sweet potato that is very easy to peel. They are almost carmelized. (Take a bite before you add the butter, it really doesn't need it).