Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice vegetable presentation and savory flavor. Copied from "Healthy Meals in Minutes".
Make and share this Stuffed Zucchini Boats recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise (about 7-inch long and 2-inch in diameter)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Scoop out insides of zucchini, leaving a 1/2 inch shell. Reserve zucchini flesh. Place shells in prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- Chop reserved zucchini. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and zucchini; saute until softened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, feta and Swiss cheeses, parsley, egg, egg whites and pepper. Mix well. Add zucchini mixture; toss to combine.
- Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini shells. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.