Nature's Cuisine's Note:
Nice vegetable presentation and savory flavor. Copied from "Healthy Meals in Minutes".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise (about 7-inch long and 2-inch in diameter)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- 2Scoop out insides of zucchini, leaving a 1/2 inch shell. Reserve zucchini flesh. Place shells in prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- 3Chop reserved zucchini. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and zucchini; saute until softened, 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine flour, feta and Swiss cheeses, parsley, egg, egg whites and pepper. Mix well. Add zucchini mixture; toss to combine.
- 5Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini shells. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. Place on a serving platter. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.8 mg
- Sodium 44.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese