Stuffed Zucchini Boats
photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Spray oven proof baking dish with non stick spray.
- Thoroughly wash the zucchini.
- Cook in large saucepan with enough boiling water to cover until almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain and cool.
- Slice off top 1/3 lengthwise and discard tops.
- Carefully scoop out pulp to form boats, do not cut or pierce skin.
- Place pulp in strainer, drain and press dry, paper towels work well.
- Combine pulp with sour cream, butter, cottage or mozzeralla cheese, salt and pepper in bowl; mix well.
- Spoon into zucchini boats.
- Place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and filling is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I originally joined the site as "aussiekarin", but decided instead to go with my nickname - Kayne. Sorry if this causes any confusion! I moved to the US from Australia in 1970, and apart from three years in Germanyhave been here the whole time. However, still consider myself an Australian, although I was actually born in Holland. Since I come from such a diversified background, my cooking is rather strange at times. Many times it is a combiniation of Dutch, Aussie / English, German and American. I'm not really much of a cook, but enjoy it, nevertheless. I just wish I knew more and could do more - without a recipe! I'm retired now, so one of my goals is to really learn to cook. I intend to enjoy my retirement, doing what I never had time to do before. Since joining Recipezaar in November, 2006, I find that my cooking has changed somewhat. I'm more adventurous, willing to try new and more varied tastes, and combinations, and just about all of what I prepare is edible. Lately, due to a major life change, I've been letting my cooking go, but hopefully that will change one day. Oddly, I miss it, more than I ever thought I would!!!!!