Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Ready In:
- 4 medium zucchini (about 300g each)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g raw minced chicken
- 300 g cooked rice (preferably short grain)
- 1 tablespoon ketjap manis (or other soya sauce)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons grated cheese
- Cut a wedge from zucchini (a hatch), approximately 15cm x 4cm on a 300g zucchini.
- Scrape pulp from each wedge.
- Scrape the pulp from the inside of the zucchini to form a cavity (like making a dugout canoe).
- Chop and reserve the pulp.
- In a large wok or pan, Cook the chopped onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes in the olive oil.
- Add minced chicken and cook a further 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini pulp, tomato paste, kecap manis, sugar and stock.
- Season with pepper.
- cook uncovered for a few minutes to dry mixture a little.
- Remove from heat and stir through rice, mint and parsley.
- Place zucchini boats side by side in a baking dish.
- Fill with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle on grated cheese.
- Top with lids.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in 180C oven for 25 or so minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!