A pure delicacy of veal scallopine stuffed with prosciutto and mozzarella in a delicate Marsala wine sauce! Easy to make with make-ahead directions! Fantastic for company! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound each veal cutlet between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap to 1/8-1/4" thickness. (Very thin.).
- 2Place prosciutto slices on top of each cutlet.
- 3Top each with mozzarella cheese.
- 4Roll up each cutlet and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- 5*These can be refrigerated up to 8 hours if you want to do this ahead of time for company.
- 6In large skillet. melt butter over med-high heat.
- 7Add veal rolls and cook, turning frequently to brown on all sides.
- 8Reduce heat to low.
- 9Cover skillet and cook 10 minutes or til veal is fork tender.
- 10Remove from heat.
- 11Transfer rolls to a serving platter, removing toothpicks.
- 12Cover with foil and place in warm oven to keep hot.
- 13In small bowl, mix flour, pepper and water to make a smooth paste.
- 14Add flour mixture to drippings in skillet.
- 15Bring mixture to boiling over high heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat to low and simmer 3 minutes continually stirring.
- 16Add wine and simmer 1 minute longer.
- 17Remove veal rolls from oven, uncover, and pour sauce over veal rolls.
- 18Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- 19Serve veal rolls with poppy seed noodles if desired.
- 20Poppy Seed Noodles:.
- 21Cook an 8 oz. pkg. of egg noodles til done, drain.
- 22Toss noodles with 1/4 cup melted butter and 1 Tbl. poppy seeds.
- 23Veal and noodles make 4 servings.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Veal Scaloppine Rolls With Marsala Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.6
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 451.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: