Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
French Cranberry and Cheese Stuffed Milk-Fed Veal Rolls With Iced Apple Wine Sauce. This is a very nice French dish. I’ve made this for special occasions several times because it is quite easy and really not a lot of time to make. Good flavors and nice presentation.
- 4 (8 ounce) veal scallopini
- 8 slices pancetta
- 10 ounces swiss cheese (thinly sliced, can use any mild white cheese brie, havarti, feta, mozzarella)
- 4 leaves fresh sage, snipped
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup iced apple wine or 1⁄2 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 1⁄2 ounces dried cranberries
- 2 cups chicken stock
- fresh sage leaf (optional)
- Pound Scallopini thin between 2 sheets of wax paper.
- Top each with 2 slices of pancetta and cover with cheese.
- Sprinkle with sage, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll each scallopini tightly, jelly roll style and secure with a tooth pick.
- In an oven proof skillet, heat half of the oil over high heat and brown rolls well on all sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place skillet in 350 degree F over (180 degree C) for about 10 minutes or until a hint of pink remains.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat remaining oil over medium heat and cook shallot for about 2 minutes or until softened.
- Add wine and cranberries and bring to boil and reduce until almost all of the liquid evaporates. Add stock and return to boil. Simmer until reduced by half.
- Serve with veal rolls and garnish with fresh sage if desired.