Recipe by audie schmidt
These hors d'oeuvres are so elegant for bridal or baby showers. I always make them ahead. You can season the cream cheese with anything you like. I sometimes make them with plain cream cheese. They are time consuming- but worth it because the presentation is beautiful. Did I mention they taste great too? From the wonderful book 'Showers' by Beverly Clark.
- 48 snow peas
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- black pepper, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- In salted, boiling water, blanch (boil rapidly in lots of water) snow peas for 30 seconds.
- Cool in cold water, drain, and set aside.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- With a sharp pairing knife, split the snow peas along the curved side.
- Fill each snow pea with filling, using a small spatula or pastry bag with tip.
- I have used a ziplock bag with a hole cut in the corner.
- Can be made the day before, refrigerate, and serve chilled.