This is an elegant dish to serve that usually draws raves. If Salmon is not available use another fish (Chilean Sea Bass, Cod even sole just use two pieces to form the fillet)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless,boneless and slit in the middle
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crabmeat (artificial can be used)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 12 asparagus spears, blanched for 1 minute
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons butter
- hot sauce (tabasco, peri-peri your choice)
- 1Stuffing:Mix gently in a bowl crab, cream cheese, onion, salt, pepper& hot sauce.
- 2Preparation of fish--------.
- 3Make a slit in each fillet about 3/4 way through.
- 4Divide the stuffing evenly between the 6 fillets.
- 5and stuff each one.
- 6Heat 2 tbsp oil in a hot skillet and brown the salmon fillets on both sides.
- 7Take out 2 sheets of phyllo pastry and cut them in half, lightly brush each piece with melted butter and layer them.
- 8Place a fillet with an asparagus spear on top of the (4layer) phyllo and fold the pastry over the salmon so it is completely covered.
- 9Repeat with remaining 5.
- 10You may now place the salmon in the fridge, covered, until ready to bake (can be prepared up to a day in advance).
- 11When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F bake 20-25 minutes.
- 12Nice served with a white wine sauce or hollandaise.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Salmon in Phyllo Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.0
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Sodium 604.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 36.4 g