Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law. she has great taste. It really is a savory dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausages, sweet
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parsley, minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, dry
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, minced and fresh
- 4 red bell peppers, medium, halved lengthwise, seeded
- 4 rosemary sprigs, fresh
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first 9 ingredients in large bowl.
- Fill pepper halves with sausage mixture, dividing equally and mounding slightly.
- Pierce bottom of peppers with fork and arrange in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Brush top of peppers with olive oli to keep them from drying out.
- Bake peppers uncovered until tops are browned and thermometer inserted into filling registers 165°F., about 1 hour. Transfer peppers to platter.
- Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve.