Recipe by hollyberry117
I got this one from Light & Tasty. The first time I made this I thought the raisins sounded a little wierd, but after tasting it, the flavors just came together in the most delightful way. My fiance could eat this every night! Vegetable broth can be used instead of the chicken broth for a vegetarian dish.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms (about 5 inches)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop into small pieces; set caps aside. In a small bowl, combine chopped mushroom stems, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, walnuts, onion, raisins, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. stir in egg and broth until blended.
- Spoon mixture into the mushroom caps; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1 inches baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20-25 muniutes or until the mushrooms are tender.