Recipe by Candace Michelle
This is a very yummy stuffed mushroom appetizer, I sometimes add hot sauce to the mixture to add an extra kick.
- 1 lb mushroom (the larger the better!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, pressed
- 2 cups crushed Ritz cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Wash mushrooms and drain; remove stems and chop, set caps aside. Melt butter in a skillet; add onion and sauté 5 minutes.
- Add pepperoni, green pepper, garlic, and mushroom stems. Cook 10 minutes, until tender.
- Add crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt, oregano, and pepper. Mix well; stir in broth. Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps, rounding the tops. Place in a shallow pan with about 1/4 inch water. Bake 25 minutes. Serve immediately.