Recipe by JustJanS
Russell loves stuffing mushrooms, and this is one of his favourites.
Top Review by Latchy
These were very good Jan, I used chopped spring onion instead of ordinary onion and it seemed to work well. Other than that followed the recipe. I think I would like to mix parmesan with perhaps a nice gouda to make the topping a little more creamy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 large mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 slices bacon, finely diced
- 1 small tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat your oven to 190c.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and gently fry the mushroom stems, onion, garlic and bacon until the onion is softened-about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the diced tomato and mixed herbs; mix well.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of oil over the mushroom gills, then pile equal amounts of filling into the caps.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in a moderate oven for about 20 minutes.