Recipe by Maggie, Cooking
Much like the ones you may have had outside of Japan, but these are made with the much smaller Japanese green peppers called piiman, and the sauce is different. There are actually two sauce options you can try.
- 8 -10 small green bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise, seeds removed
- 300 g ground pork
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put meat, chopped onion, egg, panko, salt and pepper in a large bowl and knead by hand.
- Spoon meat mixture into green peppers with meat mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place stuffed peppers meat side down in the skillet, cover and cook for a few minutes on medium-low heat.
- Turn peppers over and cover the skillet.
- Cook stuffed peppers for a few more minutes until done.
- Remove peppers and place on a plate.
- Add ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in the skillet, mix quickly over low heat to make sauce and pour over stuffed green bell peppers.
- Serve with rice and miso.