Recipe by ChipotleChick
This is a crockpot recipe from a Weight Watcher's cookbook. Tasty with rice and steamed veggies! (6 points)
- 1 cup stovetop herb stuffing mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix stuffing, corn, and carrot together.
- Set aside.
- Trim fat off steak.
- Cut horizontally through center of steak, not all the way through, leave about 1/2 to 1 inch in the fold.
- Open like a book, and pound until evenly flat.
- Spead stuffing mix over steak with a 1-inch margin around the edges.
- Roll up the steak like a jelly roll, and tie with meat string or place in meat netting.
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray, and heat over medium high.
- Add steak roll and brown well on all sides.
- Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place steak in crockpot (it's ok if you have to bend it a little to get it to fit.), and pour marinara sauce over the meat.
- Cook about 7 hours.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with sauce.