Recipe by Lorac
An easy to make and fun to serve party finger food. This creamy blue cheese and walnut mixture can also be used to stuff celery and cherry tomatoes.
Top Review by Fanged Menace
Yum! Perhaps the cucumbers in my area are small -- I made a 3/4 batch (18 cups) and needed two. Be sure to toast the walnuts for extra goodness. Use more green onions! While pleasant and creamy, it's kind of bland, so I add half a jar of minced garlic and a few tablespoons of italian seasoning.
- 59.14 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 118.29 ml cream cheese, softened
- 44.37 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml minced green onion
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 2 cucumbers
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a zester, vegetable peeler or fork, score the length of each cucumber to create a striped effect.
- Remove the ends and cut each cucumber into 3/4 inch rounds.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds from the center of each round to form a cup.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of the walnuts as a garnish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the cucumber cups, garnish with the remaining nuts and chill until serving time.