An easy to make and fun to serve party finger food. This creamy blue cheese and walnut mixture can also be used to stuff celery and cherry tomatoes.
- Using a zester, vegetable peeler or fork, score the length of each cucumber to create a striped effect.
- Remove the ends and cut each cucumber into 3/4 inch rounds.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the seeds from the center of each round to form a cup.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of the walnuts as a garnish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the cucumber cups, garnish with the remaining nuts and chill until serving time.
Yum! Perhaps the cucumbers in my area are small -- I made a 3/4 batch (18 cups) and needed two. Be sure to toast the walnuts for extra goodness. Use more green onions! While pleasant and creamy, it's kind of bland, so I add half a jar of minced garlic and a few tablespoons of italian seasoning.
These are great if you like bleu cheese. A lot of people don't though. Luckily, I'm not one of those people. I stuffed celery with it. I also decided that it is great to put on hamburgers.
Made these for backstage cast of 14. They were gone before intermission. Nice presentation of color. I just stuck a 1/2 walnut on top of each. Thanks!