1 hr 10 mins
I like this recipe because it not only tastes delicious, and makes a beautiful presentation, but is quick and easy to put together. You don't have to be an experienced gourmet chef to serve your family these special little birds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 Cornish hens
- 1 3/4 cups cooked long grain and wild rice blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated raw apple
- 1/2 cup raisins or 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Saute the chopped onions in the tablespoon of butter until soft.
- 3Mix rice, onions, apple, raisins and poultry seasoning together in a small bowl.
- 4Season the cornish hens well inside and out with salt and pepper.
- 5Place 1/2 cup stuffing into each hen cavity.
- 6Brush hens liberally with melted butter.
- 7Place hens, breast side up in a shallow baking pan.
- 8Cook for about 45 minutes depending on the size of the hens, basting once during the roasting time.
- 9Make Sauce: In small saucepan, cook the orange juice, brown sugar and butter until thickened, stirring frequently.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Cornish Game Hens With Orange Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.6
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 240.3 mg
- Sodium 249.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 86.0 g
- Protein 50.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend