Recipe by Pretty_Smart
DELICIOUS! Chicken breasts filled with a mushroom & rosemary stuffing and wrapped in parma ham. Perfect served on a bed of garlic mash with a caramelized onion or herb gravy. Few ingredients - simple to make - superb taste!
Top Review by TasteTester
We really enjoyed this -- the parma ham (or as we called it when I was growing up, prosciutto), was just fantastic wrapped around the chicken. It kept the chicken nice and moist. I sauteed the wrapped chicken parcels over high heat for 1 minute to give them some extra color and then cooked them as directed. I will add a little spice to the filling next time, perhaps some lemon-pepper. We served it, as suggested, with mashed potatoes and onion gravy. This is a wonderful recipe and makes a great presentation as well!
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop the garlic and mushroom (or whizz in a blender) and fry in olive oil with the rosemary over a medium heat for approx 20 minutes Ensure to season the mushrooms well with salt.
- Create a pouch in each chicken breast with a sharp knife and fill with the mushroom stuffing.
- Wrap each breast in a slice of parma ham.
- Place in a roasting dish with plenty of olive oil. Cover with tinfoil and cook for approx 30 mins at 190 degrees.
- Can be served with salad, baked or mashed potatoes etc. My preference is mashed / whipped garlic potatoes with onion gravy on the side!