Recipe by rileyk2
This recipe is good for those on a budget. It looks pretty on the plate, and is tasty too. I prefer things with a little spice, so I usually add a couple of dashes of cajun seasoning in addition to the paprika.
Top Review by Shirl (J) 831
Made this tonight with mashed potatos and peas and it turned out excellant. I attempted a photo too, but I am so new at the photo thing. For dh's breast I put a piece if pepperjack cheese inside cause he loves it.
- 1 cup instant seasoned stuffing mix (Chicken Flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- nonstick cooking spray
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first three ingredients in a medium-size microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 3-4 minutes (or follow instructions on stuffing package to make 2 servings).
- Meanwhile, pound chicken breasts until about 1/4" thick.
- (Hint: I usually put the chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap to keep the mess to a minimum.) Lightly spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place half of the cooked stuffing into the center of each breast.
- Fold chicken around stuffing and place seam-side down into baking dish.
- Brush each breast lighly with olive oil.
- Sprinkle each breast with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (until chicken is cooked and begins to brown slightly).