Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Stuffed Peppers Supreme
- 1 cup lean ground chuck
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, leaves chopped (optional)
- 5 medium bell peppers, washed and cored
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, slowly cook ground chuck, mushrooms, salt, pepper, onion, green onion and garlic. Cook until meat is no longer pink and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine brown rice, egg and meat mixture. Add olive oil and cilantro leaves and mix all together.
- Spoon mixture into peppers and place into casserole dish. Top each pepper with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese and brush top of each pepper evenly with ketchup. Add tomato sauce to cover bottom of dish and bake covered for 1 hour.
I'm sure one CUP is a typo. However, with one POUND lean ground beef is a great recipe!