Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These tasty little peppers can be made spicy or not by using different peppers. Using sweet banana peppers they will have a bit of sweetness and if you use yellow wax peppers you will have a bit of a kick to them.
- 18 small sweet banana peppers or 18 small yellow wax peppers, if you like a bit of spice
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 uncooked pork sausage or 5 ounces pork sausage
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gf dried basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°F In a medium size bowl add sausage, goat cheese, mozzarella, green onion, basil, black pepper and mix well.
- To prepare peppers, cut the end where the stem is and remove all the seeds.
- Stuff peppers only to the end of the pepper do not go over. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Serve hot.
- Another option is you can cut peppers lengthwise in half if you want smaller appetizers, generously stuffing only half of each pepper.
This is a simple recipe and my kids loved it. I usually love to experiment with the peppers. Using banana peppers is a clever way of adding sweetness to the dish. The cheese and sausage add an amazing aroma. Simply awesome! Thanks for sharing this.
A sweet stuffed peppers for a change! I love the recipe. Have tried it twice and would repeat this week! I have used different peppers last time and think about sticking to banana peppers this time! Great share!